KTET June 2019 Application Form Online: The Teacher Eligibility Test(TET) is conducted in the State of Kerala. Hence, it is known as the Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test (K-TET or KTET). As a matter of fact, the RTE Act 2009 directs the Kerala State to ensure the quality requirement for the recruitment of teachers from lower primary to upper primary level.
Any person in Kerala recruited as a teacher in a government school must go through the KTET successfully. Therefore, KTET helps to check the ability to meet the challenges of teaching at all levels of schooling.
Therefore the KTET is an examination to assess the quality of teacher candidates for Lower Primary, Upper Primary and High School Classes in Kerala.
In accordance with the provisions of sub-section (1) of section 23 of the RTE Act, the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) had vided Notification dated 23rd August 2010 laid down the minimum qualifications for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher in classes I to VIII. The Govt. of Kerala has decided to extend the TET up to Class X.
KTET is a national standard and benchmark of teacher quality in the recruitment process in various government schools in Kerala.
KTET June 2019 Application Form Online
- Name: Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test
- Abbreviate: K-TET or KTET
- Administrative Body: Pareeksha Bhavan and SCERT, Kerala
- Exam Type: Teachers Recuirment
- Post Name: Teacher.
- State: Kerala
- Date of Notification: May 24, 2019
- Application Starts: 27 May 2019
- Closing Date: 06 June 2019
- Admit Card Available on June 15 2019
- Date of Examinations: 22 June 2019
- Result Publish date: by 15th August 2019 (Expected)
- Download Notification: PDF
Kerala Pareeksha Bhavan
This test will be conducted by the Pareeksha Bhavan, Kerala in accordance with the guidelines published by State Council of Educational Research and Training; Kerala (SCERT; Kerala) and such other Rules/ Regulations/ Instructions/ Policies laid down by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE)/ Department of General Education/ Govt. of Kerala.
Type of KTET
The Kerala Pareeksha Bhavan conducted KTET which is categorized into four types. Therefore, each of KTET written exam is held for the different level of teacher recruitment.
|Category I||Paper 1||Lower Primar/Class I to V|
|Category II||Paper 2||Upper Primary/Class VI to VIII|
|Category III||Paper 3||High Schools/Class VIII to X|
|Category IV||Paper 4||Language Teachers, Specialist Teachers & Physical Education teacher selection.|
KTET Exam Date June 2019
According to the Kerala Pareeksha Bhavan KTET notification, the above-said categories shall be conducted twice in a year.
|K-TET I||22/06/2019 – Saturday||10.00 am – 12.30 pm||2 ½ hrs|
|K-TET II||22/06/2019 – Saturday||2.00 pm -4.30 pm||2 ½ hrs|
|K-TET III||22/06/2019 – Saturday||10.00 am – 12.30 pm||2 ½ hrs|
|K-TET IV||22/06/2019 – Saturday||2.00 pm -4.30 pm||2 ½ hrs|
- In Kerala, K-TET is applicable up to Higher Secondary (10+2) level Schools. School means any recognized school imparting education of elementary, secondary and Higher Secondary level.
KTET Syllabus 2019
The details of Kerala TET 2019 examination Syllabus (for Paper I, Paper II, Paper III, and Paper IV) is designed by the SCERT; Kerala. The expert of the Department of General Education and the Pareeksha Bhavan; Kerala released the syllabus for Category I, Category II Category III and Category IV
All questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) with four distractors. Each question carries one mark. There will be four alternatives out of which one will be the correct answer. The total number of MCQs shall be 150. There shall be no negative marking.
- KTET Category I (Lower Primary classes)
- KTET Category II (Upper Primary classes)
- KTET Category III (High School classes)
- KTET Category IV (Language Teachers)
KTET Eligibility 2019
KTET Category I Qualification
- Passed 10+2 or (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks and two year Trained Teachers’ Certificate TTC / DEd or Diploma in Education (Special Education) or B.El.Ed.
KTET Category II Qualification
- Passed 10+2+3 (Graduation) and two year Trained Teachers’ Certificate TTC / DEd or Diploma in Education (Special Education) or B.El.Ed. OR 10+2 and B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A. Ed or B.Sc.Ed (4 Year Graduation).
KTET Category III Qualification
- Passed 10+2+3 (Graduation) like BA/BSc/B.Com with at least 45% marks and a LTTC/B.Ed./MSc.Ed. Degree in the subject concerned
KTET Category IV Qualification
- Candidates, who have acquired Certificate/ Diploma/ Degree in teaching in any subject, and are approved by Universities/NCTE/ Board of Examinations/ Government of Kerala, are eligible to apply for K-TET-IV.
KTET Result 2019
A person who scores 60% or more marks in the K-TET examination shall be considered ‘K-TET passed’ or ‘K-TET qualified’.
- The details of the marks and the eligibility status (KTET Result 2019) secured by all the candidates appeared for K-TET will be published on the website of Pareeksha Bhavan.
- Those candidates declared ‘passed’ shall produce the required documents in original for verification to the District Educational Officer concerned for the issue of K-TET certificate.
KTET Certificate 2019
- Candidates who are declared ‘qualified’ will be awarded a certificate by the Secretary,
Pareeksha Bhavan, Poojappura, Thiruvananthapuram on behalf of Govt. of Kerala, after
verification of the original educational qualification certificates by the DEO’s concerned.
- However, the statement of marks of all the candidates appearing in K-TET shall be made available on the website of Pareeksha Bhavan. The pass certificates will be issued to the K-TET qualified candidates only those who have the educational qualifications to apply for the examination prescribed in the prospectus on the date of application.
Application Link: https://ktet.kerala.gov.in/
Last Updated on